A few days ago she returned it. In the bag with the display piece was a big thank you card. She mentioned there was a little something else in there as a thank you.
I only just now got around to opening the card. It's a really cute card with a fuzzy sheep. Inside was a smaller envelope with a gift card. Now, I'm not usually into gift cards. Most of the time, they are for places I don't even shop. And, when I get one, it is typically a $5 value card. I often end up giving them away because it's not worth the effort to go and use them.
Imagine my surprise when I found a $50 gift card for someplace I actually shop! Wow! It felt really good to know that she appreciated my favor so much.
So, how can you translate that feeling to your customers? What can you do to make them say, "Wow!"
What other things can you do to add worth to your customer experience? Here are 7 1/2 ideas:
1. Include a free notecard with every purchase
2. Package their purchases in a fancy bag
(how about an eco-friendly bag?)
3. Give them the website address of your
4. Give them the website address for your latest
5. Give them a printed page with instructions on
how to do a simple project
6. Give them an invitation to your next show
7. Give them a list of your favorite sources of
inspiration (physical location, museums,
7 1/2. Give them a big warm smile!
I'm sure there are lots of other ideas. What ideas can you come up with to make your customers say, "Wow!"