9. Your booth is in front of a bar where the patrons are shouting the "F" word in every sentence.
8. There are people carrying large signs saying "The world is coming to an end," and preaching.
7. There are more dogs than people.
6. There's a man showing almost as much skin as the lizard on his shoulder.
5. A knight in shining armor is walking down the middle of the show and it is not a Renaissance Faire.
4. A customer asks the price of a large original piece of art. You say $475 and they start laughing.
3. A customer asks the price of a greeting card. You say $2 and they put it back.
2. The booths around you are selling dog training services, window replacement, dentistry, cheap bracelets from China, tortoise adoptions, health screenings, and imported clothing.
And the number one reason is:
1. A customer says to you, "What are you doing here? Your work is too good for this show!"
Yes, this is all true.